In 2022, 235 Japanese brides came to the US using K-1 visas, but the full number of American-Japanese marriages is much higher. It’s no wonder, as Japanese ladies are renowned for their exotic beauty, calm and caring nature, and hardworking ways. So if you’ve always wanted to bring a bit of mystery and exotic charm into your love life, dating a Japanese girl should fulfill all your dreams. Use our research insights to boost your chances.
3 Best Japanese Dating & Mail Order Bride Sites
What are Japanese women like?
Just as American women are outgoing, strong-willed, and outspoken, Japanese girls share a few unique traits that make them stand out among ladies from other countries. We condensed our research into five key traits you can expect from most Japanese women.
- Exotically beautiful. Most Japanese women share similar looks combining light skin tone with dark hair and eyes, slender build, and small stature, which makes them stand out compared to American ladies.
- Loyal but pragmatic. While only around 20% of Japanese women admit to cheating on their partners, over 80% consider affairs healthy for marriage.
- Career and family-minded. Although a fair share of Japanese girls is focused on building a successful career (bari-kyari), they are happy to put their family and personal lives first (yuru-kyari).
- Supportive of their partners. Many Japanese women are considered age-man, which means they bring luck and success to their male partners, making them desirable wives.
- Traditional. Marriage may not always be about a love match for Japanese brides, but they appreciate the social status and benefits that come with marrying someone of a higher social class or a foreigner.
Of course, these traits don’t make Japanese mail order brides perfect for everyone. But if you’re enchanted with their looks and want a partner who’ll be practical and supportive and help you build a strong family, dating a Japanese woman may suit your needs. And our catalog will help you find a Japanese wife fast.
Japanese mail order bride catalog
Where & how to meet a Japanese woman for marriage?
Online dating is getting popular in Japan, with over 6% of singles using dating sites and apps, which make finding partners easier and faster.
After all, you need only take a few simple steps:
- Step 1. Choose a reliable dating site and sign up for an account.
- Step 2. Set up an attractive dating profile with high-quality photos.
- Step 3. Use search filters or matching features to meet Japanese girls.
- Step 4. Chat, share photos, videos, and exchange gifts with potential Japanese brides.
- Step 5. Arrange an in-person meeting with your favorites within a few months.
- Dating choices include thousands of single Japanese women looking to date foreigners
- Japanese dating sites have reasonable fees and give you control over your spending
- The language barrier is rarely a problem thanks to built-in or online translators
- Some scammers and fake profiles may sneak in, though you can report and block them
- Chat and video calls can’t replace a personal connection that you only get IRL
- Ultimately, you’ll need to travel to meet in person and decide if you’re right for each other
So while online dating has its fair share of obvious downsides, it can be a great first step in your international dating journey. And if you’re eager to meet beautiful Japanese women, you can start with one of the dating sites below.
|Free Trial Link
Dating Japanese women in the US 🇺🇸
The Japanese population in the US has been on the rise for the last twenty years and has exceeded 1.6 million in 2023. Unsurprisingly, the states with the highest chances of running into Japanese women are California and Hawaii, though Washington, Texas, and New York can also produce a match with a Japanese girl.
These are the most likely locations for hosting Japanese communities, though you can likely find local language and cultural exchange events that are perfect for making acquaintances in most big cities across the US.
- You can have thousands of options if there are enough Japanese women in your city
- Language and cultural barriers are easier to overcome when meeting in person
- Dating costs are relatively tame compared to international travel to Japan
- Your city may not have a large enough community to meet your Japanese bride
- Japanese women tend to be wary of meeting random strangers
- Telling single Japanese girls from married or attached ones can be challenging
Although meeting a local Japanese bride may seem easier than getting a Japanese mail order girlfriend, you’ll face certain difficulties you would expect from local dating. Consider combining the two approaches for best results: set up a dating profile but keep looking locally.
Traveling to Japan 🇯🇵
One more way to meet Sweden mail-order brides for Western guys is to visit this beautiful country. Firstly, it is an excellent idea for a vacation, as well as a perfect way to know more about the culture and lifestyle of modern Swedish girls for marriage in their motherland.
After being cooped up at home for almost three years during the pandemic, you may be wary of online dating and prefer the adventure of meeting and going out IRL. And Japan is the obvious destination for finding sexy Japanese women for marriage. But like other approaches, this way comes with its ups and downs.
- Thousands of dating options are available in big cities
- Face-to-face dates help assess chemistry and compatibility faster
- Language skills, character, and motivations are easier to suss out in person
- International travel is extremely costly, especially in the high season
- Dating options are limited to one or two cities you visit
- Finding single Japanese women to date and getting to know them takes time
Finding a bride in Japan will work best if you work remotely and can afford to relocate to Japan for at least a few months, as one or two weeks aren’t enough to find a girlfriend, never mind a Japanese wife.
👉 All things considered, online dating seems like the best approach for men seeking Japanese wives, or at least, it’s a viable first step before meeting up with local Japanese brides or traveling across the Pacific to explore the authentic Japanese dating pool.
How much does it cost to get a Japanese mail order bride?
No one can predict the precise cost of dating and marrying a Japanese woman, but we can estimate your expenses using our research. Below, you’ll find our estimates across four major spending categories with the biggest impact on the bottom line:
- Dating sites’ expenses: $100 to $200 per month, depending on the website and your activity level
- One week travel (tickets + hotel): Around $3,000 roundtrip flight + about $1,000 hotel stay
- Visa and documents: Around $2,300 in fees without legal counsel
- Wedding: Up to $150 for a marriage license and $15,000 to $45,000 for a ceremony and reception
- Total: From $22,000 to $52,000
If you discount the price of the wedding ceremony, the cost of dating a Japanese girl isn’t too much compared to dating local women. And smart choices can bring down the cost even more, so the bottom line is in your hands.
What makes Japanese girls look for husbands abroad?
International marriage was prohibited in Japan until 1873, but the views and traditions changed dramatically in the 20th century. So now, Japanese girls sign up for dating sites looking for:
- Tighter family ties. Japanese women value men who are kind and calm and who cherish their families, and many Japanese men tend to fall short of these expectations, so marrying a foreigner can get them what they want.
- Feeling valued. Japanese men often prefer to marry Chinese, Vietnamese, or Korean ladies with lower standards, so discerning Japanese brides look for partners across the Pacific.
- Better career prospects. The gender pay gap in Japan is over 22%, and many women are relegated to housewife roles, so marrying an American can be a chance to get better pay and job security.
- Masculinity and maturity. Despite common misconceptions, Japanese girls prefer their men to be strong, well-built, and traditionally masculine, and many local guys don’t match this ideal.
If that’s something you can provide to a Japanese woman, she’ll become a reliable partner for you. But remember that personal tastes and dating preferences may differ, and you’ll need to discover the specifics on your own.
Common myths about Japanese women
Anime, pop culture, and the remnants of WWII prejudices often affect Americans’ perception of Japanese mail order brides. So let’s take a look at typical stereotypes and see if they have merit:
- ❌ Japanese girls are immature.
Busted: Although many Japanese ladies enjoy the Kawai cutesy culture, that does not make them infantile or immature; rather, it showcases their romantic and playful side.
- ❌ Japanese women are cold and dispassionate.
Busted: The Japanese are often reserved with strangers and in public, but they are just as fun-loving and caring in private with their families and friends as other nations.
- ❌ Japanese wives are subservient.
Busted: Japanese women often accept traditional gender and family roles of housekeepers and caretakers, but that doesn’t mean they are willing to turn into servants.
- ❌ All Japanese brides enter arranged marriages.
Busted: Although arranged marriages are still common in Japan, many young women prefer finding love matches locally or internationally.
Many of the myths above may stem from Japan’s history and traditions, but you shouldn’t fall prey to stereotypes and get to know each Japanese woman in her own right if you hope to build a successful relationship.
Considering the Japanese population in the US has been steadily growing for the past decade, it’s safe to say Americans are happy to build families with Japanese ladies. And while there are many avenues you could take to fulfill your dream of getting a Japanese girlfriend, online dating sites with thousands of Japanese mail order brides offer the easiest, fastest, and safest way of getting what you want.
Yes, international marriage is legal in Japan and the US, so you won’t get in trouble for using dating sites, getting a Japanese girlfriend, or marrying her. As long as you follow proper visa procedures, you’re 100% safe.
No. Japanese women participate in the labor force along with men, though moving to the US can help them bridge the pay gap and earn more money than they would in Japan. Still, you may encounter gold diggers on international dating sites, so you need to be careful when choosing a Japanese mail order wife.
Overall, Japan has a low level of English proficiency, but you will have better luck searching for Japanese mail order wives in big cities like Tokyo, Kyoto, or Yokohama, where girls are more likely to know English. Besides, Japanese ladies interested in marrying foreigners are highly motivated to learn the language, so after initial struggles, your communication is bound to improve.